10 Best Large Piece Puzzles For Seniors
Large Piece Puzzles are a great way to bring a little bit of fun into your senior parent's day. They can be used as a distraction from the loneliness of old age and boredom, or they can be used as an exercise for the mind.
Keeping your mind sharp by solving puzzles is one of the best ways to combat the effects of aging on your brain. It is proven that solving puzzles increases short-term memory when participants participate in these activities. If you're looking for a puzzle that is just as much fun to play with as it is to stare at, then look no further. We have compiled a list of the best large piece puzzles for seniors.
10 Best Large Piece Puzzles For Seniors
If you're looking for the best large piece puzzles for seniors, then you've come to the right place. These are some of the best options you can find on the market.
This 300-piece puzzle contains 33% larger pieces than standard ones, making it easier to hold and place each piece in the right spot. It has high-quality images with vivid colors that bring the image to life. With durable construction and precise interlocking grooves, it will provide hours of fun and entertainment.
- 300 large pieces
- Improved placement
- Full-color bonus poster
- Made from premium quality materials
- 100% recycled paperboard
- Perfect snap technology
- Too easy for experts
Bits and Pieces offer a variety of large-piece jigsaw puzzles that are perfect for seniors. This stunning scene features a bridge, pond, and beautiful garden filled with vibrant colors and unique shapes. Moreover, the large pieces make distinguishing the different objects in the picture easy while still providing an enjoyable challenge. In addition to being a fun activity to share with family and friends, puzzles can offer many cognitive benefits to seniors.
- Fun and educational
- Value set of three 300-piece puzzles
- Unique designs
- Suitable for all interests
- Made with recycled cardboard
- Solid and lock-tight fit
- Thick chipboard packing
- Some users find the design is average
This puzzle is perfect for seniors looking to complete a challenging jigsaw puzzle. The size measures 15 inches, made from high-quality materials and manufactured in the USA. Best of all, this includes a bonus poster to help with solving it quicker! With its vivid colors, clear images, and large pieces, this jigsaw puzzle offers hours of fun and entertainment that seniors will surely enjoy. It offers a sense of accomplishment when completed, giving seniors something to look forward to day after day.
- 300 piece puzzle
- Solving aid
- Made from quality materials
- Large puzzle pieces
- Less puzzle dust
- Some beginners might find it difficult
This puzzle is the perfect choice for seniors looking to keep their minds sharp while having fun! The pieces are wider than the standard size, making them easier to handle and place. With a size of 21.25 inches, you'll have plenty of space to create your masterpiece. Best of all, a full-color bonus poster is included to give you some help in solving the puzzle. It is made from premium quality materials, including 100% recycled paperboard.
- 300-piece jigsaw puzzle
- 33% larger pieces
- Includes full-color bonus poster
- Made from premium quality materials
- Not too large
This puzzle is an excellent choice for seniors looking for a large-piece puzzle. With its perfect interlocking fit and extra-thick pieces, it provides a premium puzzling experience that is great for the elderly who may have difficulty with small pieces. The vibrant colors and matte finish provide long-lasting materials that will last many years of enjoyment. Moreover, it can help exercise the brain, support visual perception, and provide a sense of satisfaction upon completion.
- Premium material
- Glare-free materials
- Precise interlocking pieces
- Thick and durable blue board
- Softclick technology
- Cardboard too soft at the edges
Relish large-piece puzzles are the best option for seniors with dementia or Alzheimer's. With specially designed pieces, these jigsaw puzzles provide an enjoyable and engaging experience while offering a relatively easy challenge. Each puzzle comes in a guided completion box, making it easy to follow along and assemble the pieces. Moreover, the design provides just the right balance of difficulty and interest to keep seniors engaged, making them perfect for those struggling with memory-related issues.
- Specialized design
- Beautifully illustrated images
- Durable cardboard pieces
- Easily cleanable and reusable
- 35 piece puzzles
- Guided completion box
- Easy to assembly
- Too simple
Relish puzzles are perfect for seniors with dementia and Alzheimer's. With their large pieces, seniors can easily complete a puzzle while enjoying an interesting challenge. The guided completion boxes help them stay focused and organized while they work on the puzzle so they don't get overwhelmed or frustrated. Best of all, it provides just the right balance of fun and engagement that is ideal for those with different medical conditions.
- Specialist design
- Features vibrant images
- Made from durable cardboard pieces
- Suitable for dementia
- Average lifespan
This jigsaw puzzle is designed with seniors in mind and offers both mental stimulation and visual enjoyment. The image of the great outdoors featured in the puzzle will remind seniors of the peaceful moments they have experienced in nature. With vibrant and contrasting colors and specially designed large pieces that are easy to grasp and hold, this is an ideal choice for people with early-stage dementia or Alzheimer's disease.
- Specialist design
- Features a picturesque painting
- Large puzzle pieces
- Designed for dementia
- Dull colors
This puzzle contains 1000 pieces that are perfect for seniors and adults while entertaining kids. With this puzzle, everyone can exercise their thinking, judgment, and patience. It helps people relax their minds and encourages creative meditation. Moreover, the set comes with a high-definition poster for reference in assembling the pieces. It is also a great way to encourage bonding between friends and families by completing the puzzles together!
- Improve thinking
- High definition poster
- Good choice for dementia
- Good gift option
- High-quality recycled cardboard
- Light colors
This puzzle provides an appropriate challenge for older adults and patients with Parkinson's, dementia, and Alzheimer's. With vibrant colors and a picture full of memories, this puzzle helps to bring a sense of joy and accomplishment back into their lives. Large pieces are more suitable for unstable hands due to conditions such as Louis's Body dementia. Each piece has a hinge, making it easier to pick up and manipulate without difficulty. As seniors work on the puzzles, they enjoy the bright colors while engaging their minds in stimulating activities that will help them maintain their cognitive function and memory skills.
- Larger tiles
- Printed guide
- Beautiful images
- Friendly questions
- Made of durable cardboard
- Easy to clean
Benefits Of Playing Puzzles For Seniors
There are many reasons why puzzles for seniors are beneficial and fun. Some of these reasons are:
- Boosts Cognitive Function: You can develop your cognitive reserve by playing brain games like puzzles. A cognitive reserve is similar to the brain's rainy-day fund. Alzheimer's disease and other dementias can be prevented by maintaining a healthy cognitive reserve as people age. Getting 150 minutes of exercise each week along with puzzle-solving is the best strategy for increasing cognitive reserve.
- Enhances Short-term Memory: By challenging you to concentrate and focus, puzzles can enhance long- and short-term memory by pushing you to recall specific features, including colors, patterns, and shapes.
- Reduces Stress: Relaxation is also proven to be aided by puzzles. By doing so, a person can take a break from whatever troubles they are currently experiencing. In some cases, all a person needs is a bit of encouragement, and each problem solved can make a difference. Furthermore, running and weightlifting are popular activities for dealing with stress. On the other hand, long-term physical activity may become less feasible or useful with age. Despite being enjoyable, these activities may not provide a similar feeling of well-being as they once did.
- Improve Concentration: The benefits of word search games include the fact that they do not have as many moving parts as some board games (like chess). Additionally, players should be able to recall information well when solving crossword puzzles. It is imperative that we practice recalling things constantly with our aging loved ones in order to keep them interested in remembering everyday events.
- Improves Your Sleep: It is common for people to watch television or use their phones before going to bed, which can make getting a good night's sleep difficult. However, solving puzzles has been proven to improve sleep quality. Obviously, this only holds true if the activity promotes a higher level of relaxation before bedtime.
Buying Guide - Jigsaw Puzzles For The Elderly
When purchasing a jigsaw puzzle, there are a few things to consider. The purpose of this article is to introduce each point for you to be able to recognize for yourself.
- Materials: The quality of a jigsaw puzzle can be determined by its resiliency to folding, minor falls, and pressure. In order to conduct these tests, you must hold a piece of it in your hand personally. Give it a little twist, fold it a bit, and let it fall to see if it resists. However, you can determine all these features from the product's specifications when you purchase puzzles online.
- Design: The designs of jigsaw puzzles are all inspired by the artists. The inspiration can come from cartoon characters, places, old or modern art, and much more. Whatever it is, how it's placed and drawn on the canvas is more important. The image on the puzzle can be checked by observing how it is printed properly. Consider the image's age appropriateness, whether it is eye-catching, and the alignment and orientation.
- Size: It is possible to buy jigsaw puzzles in small, regular, large, and even gigantic sizes. You should choose a size that matches the age of the puzzler who will play with it. Adults can play with small and regular-sized puzzles, but children can practice their dexterity with larger puzzles. On the other hand, giant puzzles, when played by a group, are suitable for all ages.
- Weight: Material and thickness are the two characteristics that determine the strength of a jigsaw puzzle. There should be more or less 2 grams of weight in each piece of the jigsaw puzzle. By this weight, cardboard or paper-like materials will not be carried away by light air. Also, it can be handled without discomfort even for extended periods of time.
- Image glare: When looking for a good jigsaw puzzle, this is by far the most important thing to consider. The phenomenon of image glare is caused by reflections of light from jigsaw puzzle pieces. Playing with this light reflection may cause discomfort to your eyes and may make it more difficult for you to recognize the details of each piece. You won't have any major problems with your eyes, but your puzzle-playing experience may be affected.
- Level of difficulty: Lastly, you need to consider the level of difficulty of your puzzle. Several factors contribute to the level of difficulty, such as the number of pieces, the shapes, and the image. Having played a 1,000-piece jigsaw puzzle myself, we know that these three factors are interdependent.
Large Piece Puzzles are a great way for seniors to spend their time. Seniors can use these puzzles to keep themselves busy and entertained. Moreover, this is one of the best ways for seniors to maintain their brain health. They will be working out their brains with this puzzle. This means that playing puzzles helps seniors maintain their mental abilities as they get older, which is always good news! We hope you find it helpful in finding the right puzzles for elderly and finding the best deal. The information we provide in our review will allow you to make an informed choice when you purchase a Large Piece Puzzle. Feel free to leave a comment if you have any other questions!