8 Best Wheelchair Carriers for Vehicle 2022 (Tips for Carriers for Wheelchairs)
No doubt, a wheelchair carrier for your vehicle tends to be more than helpful while traveling with a disabled person or one with mobility issues. In addition to wheelchair or mobility scooter, these carriers also provide you with the opportunity to transport other heavy-duty equipment. Hence, it is strongly recommended to buy a wheelchair carrier (hitch-mounted).
To help you find the best wheelchair carrier, we have reviewed some of the top available options. So, without any further ado, let’s see what we have got here!
Table of Contents
- Titan Ramps Hitch Mounted Wheelchair Carrier for Cars MC500 SC500
- Silver Spring SC500-V3 Mobility Hitch Carriers for Wheelchair Rack
- Goplus Strong Wheelchair Hitch Carrier
- TMS Folding Strong Electric Wheelchair Hitch Carrier
- EGO BIKE Carrier for Wheelchair
- MaxxHaul 70275 Aluminum Cargo Carriers for Wheelchairs
- MAXXHAUL 80779 Aluminum Hitch Mount Cargo Carrier
- Prohoists Heavy Duty Best Wheelchair Carrier
1. Titan Ramps Hitch Mounted Wheelchair Carrier for Vehicle MC500 SC500
Titan Ramps Hitch Mounted Wheelchair Carrier MC500 SC500 can support up to 500 lbs., which allows you to carry heavy mobility equipment. This way you can focus on your driving without worrying about the safety of the attached wheelchair or any other mobility equipment. The product itself is relatively lightweight (86 lbs.), so you won’t have any trouble mounting it.
This wheelchair carrier by Titan is available in two different variants including SC500 and MC500 models.
- Heavy-duty steel construction
- Supports up to 500 lbs.
- Compatible with a wide range of wheelchairs and mobility scooters
- Can be folded upward when not in use
- Compatible only with 2″ class III/IV trailer hitches
Although expensive, this particular wheelchair carrier is a viable option. The Silver Spring SC500-V3 rack tends to be a deluxe option. It has a weight-bearing capacity of 500 lbs. With 96lbs. of total weight, the V3 is the heaviest carrier on our list. The 4.25” side rails are there to ensure the safety of the attached wheelchair or mobility scooter.
The availability of 5 handles makes it easy to assemble this carrier rack. On the other side, the mesh surface and spring pull lock offer additional protection.
- Pull locks are extremely easy to use
- Cargo can be strapped at 10 different points
- Hassle-free assembly
- Highly durable
- Slightly expensive
The Goplus Strong Wheelchair Hitch Carrier comes third in our list of best wheelchair carriers. It is a high quality product that comes with almost all the latest features. It has a 3” safety rail that supports weight up to 500 lbs. The availability of pull locks ensures safety and convenience. Best of all, it’s available at a reasonable price.
- Constructed with steel for maximum durability
- Installation is easy
- Comes with pull locks for additional convenience
- Resistant to rust (Black powder coating)
- Durability is a bit concerned
TMS has manufactured this wheelchair carrier with a unique anti-wobble feature that ensures a smooth ride. When used with straps, this hitch carrier offers maximum stability and security of the attached equipment. With just 71 lbs. of weight, carrying or transporting this wheelchair carrier is a breeze.
The product is available in 3 variants. Each of these models allows you to securely haul wheelchairs and mobility scooters. Besides, the sturdy steel construction gives it the strength to carry weight up to 500 lbs.
- Ensures smooth ride due Anti-wobble feature
- Versatile hitch carriers, compatible with wheelchairs and mobility scooters
- Provides additional security due to its 3” safety rail
- Lightweight yet durable construction (71 lbs.)
- Conveniently folds into three positions
- Straps are not included with the product
5. EGO BIKE Carrier for Wheelchair
By just looking at EGO Bike Carrier for Wheelchair, it feels extremely strong. This is because the carrier consists of high-strength steel. The provision of a sturdy spring lock makes it an easy-to-use wheelchair carrier. So, loading or unloading your wheelchair won’t be an issue.
It offers three different positions including open L-shaped, closed flat, and open flat. You can use any of these positions depending on your requirement. Most importantly, this ramp is capable of supporting weight up to 400 lbs.
- The length of its ramp can be changed
- Offers three different positions
- Highly durable construction
- Versatile wheelchair carrier
- Starts to wobble after 40 mph
The best feature of MaxxHaul Aluminum Cargo Carrier is its aluminum construction. It is lightweight and resistant to rust. This carrier is suitable for a wide range of vehicles. In addition, it also comes with reflectors, which is a nice safety feature.
The sides of this carrier are relatively higher, offering easy-to-reach tie-down points. Also, MaxxHasul 70275 is extremely stable. This renders it an ideal carrier for any type of mobility scooter or wheelchair.
- Lightweight and corrosive resistant aluminum construction
- Lean ramp angle offers loading convenience
- Easy to move
- Reflectors are standard
- Doesn’t offer an anti-wobble feature
This MAXXHAUL 80779 Ramp is compatible with any vehicle and offers instant cargo space for your wheelchair. Apart from being nicely constructed, this carrier offers minimal hitch noise.
Also, you won’t experience much wobbling or rattling issues. It is a lightweight wheelchair carrier, making it easy to assemble or mount. The ramp offers sufficient length and width.
- Can be used to carry a variety of equipment
- Hassle-free loading and unloading
- Versatile hitch
- Low hitch noise
- Assembling this carrier is slightly difficult than others
The Prohoists Heavy Duty wheelchair carrier comes with a 5-inch ramp, which is detachable too. It also has system called anti-wobble, which prevents your wheelchair from wobbling. This feature also prevents your trailer hitch from wear & tear. Also, you can fold it up vertically when not in use. Talking about weight capacity, this carrier can withstand up to 500 lbs.
- Heavy duty construction
- Supports up to 500 pounds
- Convenient loading or unloading operation
- Anti-wobble features ensure maximum stability
- Works only with Class-III 2” hitch
To conclude, now you are in a position to make an informed decision when buying the best wheelchair carrier. Because we have provided you with the relevant information about the products listed above. All the products are designed to offer the required durability and performance. So, you can choose any of the above options depending on your specific requirements.